Sunday, October 31, 2010

Taking Steroids...

Yeah, no.  Not those kinds of steroids.

I've been sick this week.  I'm a whiner, so many of you may think "yeah what else is new?"  But I actually went to the doctor I was so sick.  That I don't normally do.  The diagnosis?  A massive sinus infection.

Awesome news, no?  So I was given a steroid shot and sent home with antibiotics and even more steroids to take over the next week.

What have I learned this week because of that?  Steroids make you pee.  A lot.  And apparently, they can make you just a teensy bit emotionally unstable-ish. But just a bit.

Fortunately, medicinal side effects aside, I'm on the mend.

So while I was learning something new this week, did the boys?

No.

Sucks to admit, but no.

They played a lot of learning games for kids online.  I think they may have even logged into their normal curriculum a few days this week, lol.  The eldest spent a little bit of time on a homeschool literature site, trying to find more books written by homeschool authors (he still loves the fact that Eragon was written by a homeschooler!).

Tomorrow starts a new week.  Hopefully the sicklies have come and gone and we can have a good, normal (har har) week.  At the end of the week we have a science fair with our homeschool group, a very special first birthday party to attend and finally, our last end-of-season soccer party.

Oh...and also...can I just ask:  How is it November already???!!

1 comment:

FairyLover said...

I love learninggamesforkids.com. I play the games more than my son does. Has your son read Terror of Porridge? The author is a 15 year old friend of mine.

Kathi
http://time4learning.net/groups/connecticut-homeschool-support-group-online/