Friday, October 8, 2010

The Connecticut Trip: Part One


See?  I told you I would get around to this eventually.

We really had an amazing trip up north.  The boys and I enjoyed meeting Tracy's family, and we really enjoyed seeing a part of the country we had never seen before!  The drive up was good, surprisingly so, considering we left at almost 10pm and drove through the night, lol.

When we arrived, we were so excited to see everyone.  Even though I'm from the south, I don't really like the heat. Sure, summer activities are always fun.  But I absolutely love it when the weather starts to cool off.  You can imagine how pleased I was to leave the 90 degree weather here, and arrive there where we actually needed our hoodies that evening!  

While we couldn't wait to see family members we hadn't seen in a while, and finally meet family members we had heard so much about, there were 2 people we were especially happy to meet and to see.  The boys and I were very happy to finally meet Grammie, Tracy's grandmother.  She has graciously allowed my family to spend our last 2 vacations with Tracy's family in her Florida home!  The other little being that we were all very much looking forward to seeing was Tracy's niece, Kaylee. We don't get to see this little cutie often, but when we do, we love it. She is so full of personality and spirit!

Grammie and Kaylee

That Monday evening was pretty laid back.  We unloaded all of our stuff and just hung out on Grammie's deck. Family and visitors kinda came and went throughout the afternoon and evening. We had pizza for dinner, and lemme tell you, it was some of THE best pizza I have ever had!  Tracy said that it was like authentic NY pizza.  I don't know what authentic NY pizza is, but I can tell you how hard it is to eat Pizza Hut or Papa John's after that.

I told you I have to do it in parts, and that's about it for part one.  Next up?  POPEY'S.  Yes, Popey's warrants it's own post.

Here a few pics from our relaxing night on the deck...

Nomming on her first piece of pizza. :)

Tracy's dad and his sister.

Tracy's uncle.

Tracy's little brother and sister-in-law.
I LOVE these 2 people! :)

She had on the cutest little monkey slippers. :)

No comments: