Saturday, January 18, 2014

Sleepy.

That's me. Very sleepy. My first full week at the tax office. Six days. Almost 50 hours.

I'm grateful that I have the income, and that I only have to work these hours outside of my home for a short period in the year. But yeah. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sleepy.

Boys did okay this week. They both helped the hubs out with dinners a few nights (we made incredible use of our crock pot, and found some great new recipes!), and they stayed on top of their school. I even planned ahead and got them lunches they could take on their way to Masters this week. Yep, I'm winning. :)

When I'm not here, they pretty much have carte blanche with their day. They are totally comfortable with their curriculum, and while I'm not naive about online dangers and internet safety for kids, I feel comfortable that they can do the research they need to do with their school stuffs, on their own. Their dad does help with anything they need help with, but they pretty much take control of their day.

What does that mean?

Well. That depends on the day, lol. Some days they are right on top of things. They know what they need to accomplish that day, and they do what they need to do to make sure those things get accomplished. That could be compiling their own spelling lists, looking online for math and/or science tools, or Wiki-ing (one day, that will be recognized as a verb, like Googling...I'm sure of it) a historical person.

And by historical person, I mean anyone from Jesus to Keith Richards. Who am I to curb their interests, right?

Other days, they spend hours working on Minecraft or Roblox mods. Win some, lose some. ;)

This was a rather short and dull update, but it's all I've got for you today. I need to do a week's worth of laundry, then I'm spending my evening with a coupla hunky Brits. Sherlock is back! :D

For photo credit, CLICK HERE


No comments: