Sunday, January 5, 2014

Another year.

This keeps happening. Every time I turn around, I have a new date to remember to write. Sheesh. Next time I blink, It's going to be 2015, so I'm not going to worry too much about writing 2014 instead of 2013, lol.

I have some additional Christmas photos, but I haven't sorted through them. I will save those...I'm hoping to catch a Wordless Wednesday this week. Those would be good for that. :)

We did host our annual New Year's Eve party this year. That was fun. We missed it last year because we all had the flu. Yuck. 

Dinner was a pot luck kinda thing, and we played a card game for hours. The Great Dalmuti

So. Much. Fun. 

For reals. Can't remember the last time we had that much fun, playing the same game, over and over and over again! 






I heart my friends. :D

After playing, we all gathered to count down and ring in the new year together. We don't have cable or anything, so we relied on technology to help us celebrate.

Why Tracy is never in any pictures, lol. She's always taking them. I did remember to grab my camera, but only after she had hers at the ready. 
Hey lookit...Times Square. On the iPad. :)
The interwebs crapped out, with less than two minutes to go. So, Scott pulled up a shiny ball (haha) on his iPad, and lowered it as we all counted down...

The lack of an official ball drop didn't lessen the excitement or fun...
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Good times.

This week, we are technically back to school. The boys have spent the last three days sick (yep, again!), so they may tip toe into school tomorrow. We'll see. This week will also see the start of my tax season. In years past, the boys honestly followed a more unschooling type schedule when I'm out of the house. This year though, with Bailey in high school, I'm going to make them stick more to a normal (ok, maybe normal-ish is a better word) schedule. Fingers crossed that the season goes well!

I think that's it for now. One good thing that has come from the boys' germies? Down time. Lots of it. We blew through the entire first season of Arrow in four days, lol. Today, we are going to start on the second season. It's really good...better than we all expected. 

Hope everyone had a fabulous start to their 2014!

No comments: