Monday, April 8, 2013

Soccer, Drama and Beer...

I guess that sounds a little...errr...trashier than I meant it, lol.

We had a busy week and great weekend! I feel like I've seen the inside of house no more than 5 minutes total over the last few days, but it's been good. Soccer kept us at the field most of the week, except for Thursday when Mother Nature was having another one of her manic spells. 

Braeden's last day at Master's was Thursday (he is in the lower school grade ranges and they were done on Thursday...Bailey is in the upper school grade ranges and they will continue to have classes until May 2), but he had dress rehearsal for his end of the year play on Friday. The play itself was Saturday. Every single performance was fantastic! We had a great time watching all of the kids perform. Braeden did very well and didn't seem at all nervous. Along with the play, they had an art show displaying all of the art projects that the kids worked on throughout the year. It was so neat to see everything, and all of his work will make great additions to his homeschool portfolio. I was shocked when Braeden could tell us about some of the things he worked on at the beginning of the year. He can't remember at lunch time what he had for breakfast, yet he remembers art techniques he practiced in September, lol. Ah well. That's an 8 year old for you.

The goblin to left is my wee one... :)

After the play, our family and the Bell family all went out for a yummy lunch at Steak N' Shake. Tracy's mom, who even we affectionately call Nana, generously treated us all and we had so much fun. I tried a new burger this weekend, which is not something I usually do. I'm very much a creature of habit. Anyway, I had the California burger, with bacon, swiss and avocado slices. It was soooooo good! 

Yesterday the hubs and I did something we never do. We had a date! Well, of sorts. It was without the boys, so we're calling it a date, lol. We, along with Tracy and Scott, went to that local Brew Fest I mentioned in my previous post. We had a blast, and the guys really enjoyed  cutting lose and sampling all of the beer there. Tracy and I sampled some, but we mostly just sipped one of their samples every once in a while. We graciously voluteered to be the DDs. Heh. :D

My goofy husband and I, with our little sampling beer mugs. :)

This upcoming week is the last week of tax season, so I am working every day. Since I spent NO time at home this weekend, of course I have nothing planned. I know...so responsible. We are where we need to be for the year, technically, so I guess it's alright if they have a light week. They will do T4L and SpellingCity. Those are always a given. Bailey wants to build a terrarium, so I will let him have at that. Braeden doesn't want to build a terrarium as much as he wants to help catch what they are going to put it. I will probably also have them both play some animal games online, and I will try to find some little mini-unit study like activities for them to work on, revolving around the terrarium and it's inhabitants. 

I know I say it ALL the time, but I really cannot wrap my head around how quickly this year is flying by. Every year, time seems to pass more and more quickly, but this year has just been ridiculous, lol. I would swear someone has played a cruel joke on me and has altered all calendars I come in contact with. :/

No comments: