Saturday, January 22, 2011

I need a TARDIS...

...or maybe a DeLorean?

I just need something that can help me do the tax time thing now so I can pay off my credit card, then travel back in time to make up for the time I've lost with my boys.

Or a better idea I suppose, would be to travel back in time to before I accrued said credit card debt and snatch the darn thing outta my hands, lol.

Regardless, I'm in full-blown tax hell.  I really shouldn't make it sound bad, but right this very second it's awful.  It's a Saturday night and I've only been home a little while.  I'm grateful for my time off tomorrow, but still...whine, whine, whine. :)

And this year has started off so different.  New tax changes (there is no longer a Rapid Refund program anywhere because Obama said it was predatory lending) and companies that appear to be holding onto their W2s until the LAST possible second, make for some crabby clients.

This was the first really busy week.  I'm always extra whiny during the first busy week.  I will stop whining eventually.

I normally try to chat about something school related.  But honestly, I don't have anything this week.  I don't even know what the boys have done this week...I sat down here before I even had a chance to ask them. Skimming through the RSS feeds from blogs I follow only makes me feel more guilty.  You know it's January and already folks are talking about standardized testing?? Sheesh...I'm just hoping my boys will be able to answer the question of "what grade are you in?" when asked.  Can't even imagine worrying about testing right now!

I mentioned last week that Bailey is about to start an online writing course. That's still on the table.  He's not so much excited about the essay writing, but he's looking forward to learning how to improve upon his creative writing.  Other than that...I really don't think we have anything school-y planned out.   We are letting them take a break from "normal" school stuff to have some cooking and sewing time with Nanny.  

She is a wonderful cook, as most Grandmas are, and is looking forward to showing the boys some stuff. They are also excited about it.  They don't know what to make of the sewing thing.  It's "girly" is what I got.  But it's important to at least know what to do with a needle and thread.  Being able to stitch up the gash in your brother's head so mommy and daddy don't know you were swinging that big stick we told you not to swing, could come in handy.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

I LOVE reading your posts each week. You make even complaining fun to read. ;)

Unknown said...

Lol thanks, topsy! I really do try not to whine. But I obviously fail. :D