Saturday, June 14, 2014

Lazy weekend...

We all need them. Even if they aren't all that lazy. Just some time where we don't have anything scheduled or any place we have to be. That's what this weekend is for us. We have an out-of-state friend visiting for the weekend, but he's easy enough to entertain. ;)

I'm looking forward to the down time.

The week went well for us. The boys have logged into their secular homeschool curriculum a couple of times, and they have worked on some fun special-themed holiday spelling word lists. They enjoyed a Flag Day list, as it made them want to google/wiki more facts about the flag and its origins. They also had fun with a little Father's Day list (granted, it was way too "young" for either of them, but they like working through ALL of the holiday lists, lol).

I have stayed on track with my fitness goals this week. That feels awesome! Basically I am still just walking, but I'm walking as often as I can. Mid-week, the boys and I were able to get some extra steps by hiking at our local state park. That was nice! Different views for a change. :D


Also, I hit a major goal for me last week. Broke 20,000 steps! I can't do that every day (I'm hoping to do that at least a couple times a week though), but it felt so freaking good to see that step count at the end of that day!!


Next week, I am going to start the Couch to 5K program. I downloaded a nifty app, and I am crossing my fingers that I can do it this time. I've tried it in the past, but I'm much more motivated this time around. I just hope my body can keep up my brain's determination, lol. I have decided that I want to do my very first 5K in September. I. Will. Do. This. :)

Okey dokey. Signing off so I can enjoy that downtime I was hoping for. Leaving you with a Happy Father's Day wish for all the dads out there, with special shout outs to my daddy and my husband, who are both wonderful fathers!

No comments: