Sunday, July 1, 2012

Dude. It's HOT!

Not like "wow, when I walk outside I sweat" kinda hot. I'm talking "wow, when I walk outside I imagine this is what it would feel like to walk right into hell" kinda hot. At one point yesterday, the van told us it was 112 degrees. Jaysus.
Gaaaaaak.
Speaking of yesterday...we took the boys to see Brave and we loved it! We had heard some mixed reviews about it, but we've been seeing the trailers for almost a year now and really didn't want to let any negative reviews prevent us from deciding for ourselves. I'm so glad we didn't! It was an absolutely beautiful movie, the soundtrack was great, it was funny and it was really nice to see a heroine that had some character and wasn't just all about finding her prince. Would highly recommend.

Friday, we got to spend the evening with the B's and H's, enjoying dinner and a fireworks show (holy clap, how is it time for the 4th already?!). We did what we always do each year...skipped the crowds at the lake and hung out in the pasture/field behind the lake. Heh. Country living. ;) We remembered bug spray this year though, so it worked out well, lol! We forgot our camera, but I took some shots with my phone...


It was a fun weekend, and we're glad we got to spend some time with friends!

This week, the boys are going to play around with the VSC app that we're beta testing. Bailey is still thrilled that the free hangman game he likes from the site is a part of the app. I'm hoping as it's tested more and released, that we'll see more games. Outside of the app, I think we are going to do some game play (Braeden is going to work with short vowel games, to help with his spelling. He sounds out and reads the words correctly, but is struggling with the spelling those short vowel sounds.), and some reading. Light week again. :)

Now, I'm off to try and tackle the 17 loads of laundry I have to do today. Ok, so it's more like 3 loads...but whatevs. Feels like 17. :P

Enjoy your Sunday and have a great week!!

No comments: