Saturday, August 13, 2011

August 13, 2004

Seven years ago today I had the little man that filled a whole in my heart that I didn't even know was there. I was terrified that I couldn't possibly love another child as much as I loved Bailey. I will never forget the first time Braeden was placed in my arms. I remember the very first thought I had when I gazed at his little face (besides Sweet Jesus, that HURT! - I ended up having him naturally where as I had an epidural with Bailey that worked perfectly, lol) was "Oh there you are...I've been waiting forever for you!"

While Bailey changed me, Braeden changed all of us. One of my sweetest memories was Bailey placing his little hand on my gigantic tummy before the birth, asking me if I thought he would be a good big brother. I remember telling him he would be a fantastic big brother...and he has been. Braeden absolutely idolizes "Booboo," the affectionate nickname he still calls him, even though he can now say Bailey.

I love this picture! I had made a little onesie for Braeden that Said "Bailey's Little Brother" and a tshirt for Bailey that said "Braeden's Big Brother." The nurses even put Braeden's little footprint on Bailey's shirt for him. Both of them wore these out of the hospital. :)

Funny...I thought my little family of three was complete. Turns out, my little family of four was *just* what I needed.

Happy Birthday, Braeden! I love you, baby! :)


No comments: