Sunday, May 15, 2011

May 15, 2011

I think I'm done playing "vacation catch-up."

Well, almost done.

Ok...maybe almost kinda done.

Mt. St. Laundry is trying to defeat me. Whatever. I'm trying. ;)

This week is going to be spent getting the hubs ready to be away for two weeks. That is not happy making for us. But it's got a little bit of cool to it...he gets to finally meet the people he's been working for for the last 3 1/2 years.

The boys are working on some Scout requirements this week. Bailey much more so than Braeden. This means I have to pull him away from the art games he's been enjoying, lol. Bailey has several requirements he has to complete before summer camp. He also has to earn the first aid merit badge. These are some of those times that "scout time" and "school time" end up being the same "time."

Yaaaaaay for a super flexible homeschool curriculum!! :D

Soccer season drew to a close this weekend. Even though both of the boys love to play, no one is really ever sad to see the end of a season. Four nights a week for 6 weeks can do that to you. Having said that though, by the time fall sign-ups come back around, we are all more than ready for it to start again!

Not much else going on in these here parts. As you can tell, I am failing (again) in my picture posting duties. BUT, I did finally get the vaca photos off of the hubs' laptop and onto my computer today. See all that progress??

As I leave you, I would like to selfishly ask for something. I found out this week that my mom needs a liver transplant. This came about rather suddenly (dealing with a liver problem for a while, but the rapid onset of failure took us all by surprise). I would greatly appreciate it if you would send up prayers and/or send out happy thoughts. She's going to need a lot of both of those, as will the rest of the family. Thank you!!!

No comments: