Sunday, September 15, 2013

Really Ready for Fall

Yep. I'm done with summer. Bring on the coolers temps, the pumpkins, the fall festivals and my favorite...the hoodies! :)

I had to post this...we seem to be all about the ponies here lately, lol. Credit for the image is HERE.

Soccer season is in full swing, and for whatever reason, we are really struggling this year. I don't know if it's the multi schedules. It might be the fact that this is Bailey's last year with this recreation department and we are worried about where he's going to play next season. I know everything will work out, but you know that whole "uh oh, change is coming" thing. :/

This past week was a busy one for us. We are adding more and more activities to our calendar than we EVER have. It's a lot, but we are all having fun. Monday, the boys went to their first ever Homeschool Minecraft Club meeting. That was SO exciting for them! I was actually surprised at how many families came. The kids sat around at a BK, all playing on their computer/gadgets, but they all interacted with one another! It was really cool. This is an every other Monday thing, so that works well for me.

Wednesday evening, Bailey and Z had their first course in their newest cake decorating class. If you remember, they did this back in January too. That one was the intro/basics course. This one is the fondant and gum paste course! They both have been really looking forward to this one, and it's been postponed for one reason or another since June.

Thursday was Master's, and Friday was our first park day with a new homeschool group that we have recently joined. The boys played while the moms chatted or did their thing. There are a couple of different book clubs going on, and I joined in on one. We are reading The 5 Love Languages of Teenagers. I wasn't sure if I would like it, but I think I will. And I've never done a book club before, so yay for me! :)

This upcoming week will see us having soccer, either practice or a game, every day except Wed and Fri. No Minecraft club, but we are having a "play date" at a friend's place on Wednesday. Last pool day before they close their pool. Following that will be another cake deco class. Master's on Thursday. Friday, myself and 3 other friends are having a Mommy's Night Out! I am SO excited! There are a couple of exhibits in Atlanta that we have been wanting to check out; Bodies and Titanic. On Friday, they are having a special free event for educators, to come check out the exhibits to see if it's something we want to expose our students to. Yep, homeschoolers qualify as educators. So not only is our night out going to be fun, it's going to be frugal. Woot!

As far as school goes, the boys are doing great with T4L. With all of the added activities we are doing, they are finding that they need to do school on the weekends to avoid getting behind, but they don't hate me for that, so all is well, lol. This week we're going to work in some vocabulary lessons about compound words, and I am going to have the wee one watch some educational videos (NOT YouTube for once!).

Man! That was a lot! If anyone is still with me, I thank you. Sorry for being so wordy, but there was a lot to tell this week. I will try to "cliff notes" it for you next week. :D

No comments: