Sunday, July 14, 2013

Weekend Getaways...

We don't get to have them too often, but we LOVE them when they happen! This past week, my parents took my boys and my nephew to Daytona Beach for the week. Since this is one of our favorite places to go, the hubs and I decided to come join them just for the weekend.

Even though it's a short trip, it's so refreshing to just have a break, ya know? The boys have had a great time, and have enjoyed their week of unschooling, lol. We will get home tomorrow night sometime, and next week Bailey is taking his first peek at his new high school curriculum...except that it's not new, it's Time4Learning!!!!!!!!

Can you tell I'm excited about that, lol? They just announced that they will start offering high school courses, and we were all (yes, including Bailey!) ridiculously happy when we heard the news. Bailey has been using T4L since 2nd grade, so for him, being able to stick with what he knows is wonderful. For me too!

Braeden is going to learn more about science tools and will continue to read the book he's working on. He found an old copy of The Wizard of Oz at a used book store, so he's been reading that and enjoying it.

I will spend the week trying to defend myself from the laundry demon. The boys and I will resume our Harry Potter summer movie marathon with Deathly Hallows Part 1 this week, and at some point, we are hoping to go see Pacific Rim too.

For now, I'm going to get off here and go enjoy my last day at the beach! Have a fabulous Sunday, and a wonderful week! :)


No comments: