Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Upcomings and Fun Stuffs ...

Bailey found out which soccer team he's going to be on for this season and he's very excited!  The coach that picked him at the drafts called last night and told us he's been wanting to draft Bailey for a few seasons now and how excited he was to finally get to work with Bailey!  That made Boo feel so good about himself!!  We are still waiting to find out what team Braeden will be on...his age group is so young that they don't do drafts.  So once all the kids have been assigned a coach, we should hear something.

This week is a "short" week for us, school AND work wise.  We are leaving tomorrow for our annual Dragon*Con convention in Atlanta.  Four days of heathens, dorks and geeks.  So naturally, we fit right in.

This will be our 4th year at the Con and EVERY year as we get ready to go, it feels like the first time.  The boys are beyond ready for it to be here and even Walter and myself are giddy! And those of you that know the hubs, you know he doesn't DO giddy often. :D

The boys haven't really done any school work this week, but I don't expect them to.  Way too much excitement!  I do try to fit in a little education here and there...something that they can do independently so I can get stuff done. Bailey can work on some of the online spelling lists I found for him.  My son is SO smart.  No, I'm not just saying that cause he's mine, lol.  But the areas where he can ALWAYS use a little extra work are in spelling and handwriting.  Fortunately the lists I use work for both needs.  As for Braeden, he doesn't do quite as much independently as his brother, and that's ok.  I occupy him with games and stuff, like math games, phonics games, rhyming word games, etc.  He plays them and doesn't even know he's learning.  Which is a plus when it comes to my stubborn (I don't know where he gets that from, wink wink nudge nudge) son.

So now I need to go pack.  That makes me growly. Why? Cause I hate packing.  For anything.  Even when I'm excited for something, I hate packing.  This is another reason why I think I need a house boy.  Preferably one that's pretty and has a nice accent. ;)

I'm going to leave you with a few pics from Cons past.  I know we are going to have a fabulous weekend, and I hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day weekend your with your families, friends and loved ones!

B's and Shulers.  Shulers were Con Virgins! :)
2007
Aaaarrrrr!  This was our band of degenerate pirates.
Tracy's mom made ALL of those costumes for us that year!
2008

The boys with a zombie MJ.  Yeah, yeah I know he died.
But this is still funny.  :o)
2009

No comments: