Sunday, March 13, 2016

A homeschool convention and a DPA win!

But first...this:

Heehee. I saw that on Facebook and it cracked me up. Repeatedly. I mean, really. Sounds reasonable, right? ;)

So this weekend was a big weekend for all of us. Bailey and I were both away from home so the hubs and Braeden had an entire weekend together, just the two of them. As much as we all spend a lot of time together (and we love that), I don't know that they've ever had that much time with just one another. They enjoyed watching movies that I wouldn't watch and eating foods that I wouldn't eat. :D

Where were Bailey and I?

I had an opportunity to work (as a Time4Learning rep) and speak at a largish scale homeschool convention. I've worked a very small convention once before, and had a good time there, but this was really different. Just way more people, way more vendors/exhibitors. It was really cool!

The very first night of the convention, I spoke on being an accidental homeschooler, and a not-so-supermom. Kinda perfect, yeah? I was pretty much on a nerve/anxiety high, lol, and I don't even remember what I said, but even so...I think it went well.

Even outside of my speaking engagement, I talked more than I can ever recall talking in a 3 day period. Like ever-ever, lol. And those that know and love me, know that that's A LOT. What's even crazier than that? People wanted me to talk. People wanted to ask me questions. Hearing just one mom tell me that I was encouraging and inspiring felt amazing, so you can probably imagine how I felt having several moms tell me that. ME?! :D

Me and my fabulously fantastic co-worker at the booth. :) 
Bailey was at his 4H DPA (District Project Achievement) competition. This is the third year he's done this (and duh, every year he enters for cooking something) and guess what? HE WON! First place in his project group! He's on his way to the state competition in July and we couldn't be any prouder.

Even though I couldn't be there, his awesome 4H leader made sure I got a photo of him on stage after his big win. :) 
I'm sure I could go on and on, but I'm going to tap out now, and try to adjust to this stupid time changing thing. Grrr. Lol. Until next time!


No comments: