Saturday, April 12, 2014

Beer Fest, a Birthday and Tax Day!

Yuh huh. That's what my week holds. Not unhappy about any of those things. :D

Tomorrow is the annual Classic City Brew Fest. This will be our second time there, and we are looking forward to it! It's really a thing for the hubs. He gets to hang with friends and sample some - or all if he has his way - of the 300+ craft beers that are there. Everything from local brews to cask ales (No, I honestly don't know what that means, lol, but the cask ales are the highlight of the fest for him). I go because even though I'm not a beer drinker (wine for the win), I do enjoy trying some of the things there, and I love that this makes him so happy. Plus, play date with friends.

Tuesday is Tax Day! Given that this has been the longest tax season evah, I don't think I really need to explain why this pleases me.

What about that birthday? Yep, it's on Wednesday. And it's MINE! I know, I know...when you're an adult you shouldn't get excited about your birthday anymore, but I disagree. I'm not excited about gifts or cake or anything like that. I'm just thrilled and grateful that when my birthday rolls around, that means that I got another year with the peeps I love. :)

I wish I had something to report about last week, but honestly...I was at the tax office every day. That's all I got. Boo. The hubs and the boys did some gardening, which was nice. Oh! And there is finally an app that the boys can use to do Time4Learning on their tablets! Talk about being excited about something! They downloaded it, Puffin Academy (I can't really link to it, but there's an app on both the Apple app store and the Android/Google Play store), and haven't logged onto their computers since. They reported that everything from the multiplication games they played, to the chapter quizzes they took, worked great. Woot!

Ok. Well. That's it for now. I am going to leave you with a couple of pictures of the boys' matchboxes they put together for the homeschool matchbox swap this time. This month's theme was mythology. I remembered to take photos of the boxes they created this time, instead of only getting pictures of the boxes they received. Go me!

Braeden's box. He focused on Egyptian mythology. The cover of the box is a photo of Anubis, the God of the Dead. He also created a match game (think the Memory game), made some clay figures and the folded pieces of paper are cool little fun facts about Egyptian mythology.

Bailey's box. He focused on Greek mythology. The cover of the box is a photo of Poseidon, the God of the Sea. He also created a match game, made some clay figures/weapons and had lots of fun facts about Greek mythology. 

No comments: