Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday, Monday, Monday...

Mondays seem to come around too quickly, don't they?

Ah well. At least my Monday consisted of three of the bestest people in the whole world: 


I love my silly guys. ;)

Tax time is starting to wind down. Thank goodness. Don't get me wrong...I know I commit to this, and yes, the extra money is nice. But sheeeeesh will I be glad to get back home and get back in whatever chaos we call a routine. 

After I finish this week up, I should be able to go to a Monday and Friday only week for a while. I hope that works out. That way, I can be at home more, but still keep a teeny bit of that extra money coming in, lol. 

The boys are doing well with school. They are plugging along with the online stuff and working more on offline stuff. :) Bailey spent a lot of time on a wood burning project for his Art Guild at Master's, and Braeden has had a Master's project of his own to work on. They are doing more research on different science experiments they want to try with me when I have time and they have really started to enjoy their "Today in History" moments each morning. Thank you, History.com. :D

In our spare time this week, we are going to finally take down the Christmas decorations (Ugh. I know. And yes, I'm ashamed). How do I know we will finally get it done? We have company coming down for the weekend and while it's easy enough for me to talk about here, I don't actually want anyone to see our poor little Christmas tree still up at the end of February. Heh. 

I think the boys have their week pretty planned out. Bailey will be spending the majority of his time working on his 4H DPA. He leaves for Rock Eagle on March 1! Outside of practicing the cooking he has to do, he needs to work on his presentation and written information about his project and why he chose it. This is two fold...while working on his project, he also has to work on the writing process. Thinking about what he wants to say and how he wants to say it. We all know how much I like multi-subject work.

Braeden will finish up his Master's project. It's a "Flags of the World" type thing. It's mostly just researching different flags and coloring in this book he has, but he's liking it. I will probably have him do some puzzle games too, to kill time while Bailey is cooking so much. 

I hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day. I woke up to some lovely cards, and this sweet guy, courtesy of my guys:


Then, when I got home from work, I was able to enjoy a nice cup of Hello Kitty Hot Cocoa in my new Hello Kitty coffee bowl (Gilmore girl reference, yay!). Why was it important to point out that it was Hello Kitty Hot Cocoa?


I don't think you can really see it in the photo, but the hot cocoa is PINK! So me! :)

Alrighty. Time to get off here and spend a few minutes with my boys. Have a great week!

No comments: