Sunday, August 5, 2012

Pottery Party...

Even though the boys' birthdays are the 11th and the 13th, we had a little birthday celebration for them today. Next weekend, we are going out of town for a very special 1st birthday party, so the boys didn't mind celebrating a little early!

We did something we have never done before. There's a wonderful place in Athens, Good Dirt, that does pottery workshops, classes and parties. So the boys decided that's how they wanted to paaahty. With some clay, and some great people. :)

The instructor was wonderful with the kids, and I think everyone had a great time!

The party peeps!
Finally getting their hands on the clay...
Starting to take shape...

Having fun!
Adding "feet"...

Giving it some color...
While you can get a general idea of what they're making, you'll have to check back in a couple of weeks (they need time to dry and get fired in the kiln) to see the finished product!

It really was a terrific day, we are all glad that we chose to do something different...something that we had been wanting to try, and we're thankful for the time we got to spend with loved ones. :D

This week, I'm going to start getting ready for my fall cleaning. I know, most people do "spring cleaning," but that never works for me. I dunno why. But fall it is.

**Interrupting with a little side note - Bailey was behind me asking me to taste something he made, and he saw that I capitalized the words "spring and fall." He said that seasons aren't capitalized...he learned that in his T4W course. Yay for learnins! Heh.**

Anyway, we go through, thin out toys and clothes, and make room for growth spurts and Christmas, lol. I always end up taking a van full to Goodwill, so at least I feel like I'm doing something with the things that the boys have outgrown.

I will have the boys try to work on some schooly things, even if only lightly. They are still doing well with spelling and reading. Some online math games may be in order. I'm going to take some time to get acquainted with a new site for homeschooling high school, called Let's Homeschool High School. Since this is our last year of T4L with Bailey (*sniff, sniff*), I am hoping to meet some other homeschooling parents who are, or have, homeschooled through high school and can direct me towards some good programs/curricula. It looks like they will even have a student forum area...which might be really cool for Bailey!

Now, I am off to relax and reflect on my mucho fabulous Sunday. And watch more Olympics...my poor DVR...

:D

No comments: