Monday, July 23, 2012

Vocabulary fun...

This past week was good. Not stressful, and without a TON of stuff on our to-do lists. I went scrapping with the girls on Saturday and wrapped up my weekend with a Dragon*Con staff meeting and dinner at Steak N Shake yesterday! :D

For whatever reason, we are coming up on a period of time where every single weekend has something scheduled. It's fun stuff...family, birthday parties, baby showers. But from today until Dragon*Con (Labor Day weekend), we don't have a weekend to ourselves. I'm also hand-making the invites for my sister-in-law's baby shower (I have another nephew coming in October!) and I should have had those done about a week ago, lol. Ah well. I always say I thrive on organized chaos. 

Hopefully this week will go well. Nothing major on our plates. I hope to finish those invites. I have to grocery shop, and those that know and love me know that in and of itself is a feat that may take the whole week. 

The boys are going to concentrate on some fun vocabulary stuff this week. I so love the websites and online resources I have found over the years. They can work on basically the same concept/lesson, but at their own grade level. It's fabulous! They have some matching definition activities they will work on, as well as some idiom games they are going to play.   

Idioms can be a lot of fun. Hopefully I can make them understand that idioms are phrases like "a dime a dozen" and "for Pete's sake." Idioms are NOT phrases like "bless your heart" or "well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit!" Heh. Southern slang really is a hoot. ;)

On a different, and more serious note, I would like to wrap this post up with asking everyone to keep the people in Aurora, Co in your thoughts and prayers. The movie theater tragedy was unfathomably awful. As someone who frequently goes with my family to the theater to escape reality for a couple of hours, I can't even begin to imagine what went through the minds of those unfortunate movie goers in those moments, and the pain and unbearable grief that those left behind are experiencing.  

I would also like to say that "The Joker" didn't kill anyone. A crazy person did. "Batman" wasn't involved. A crazy person was. Hollywood isn't to blame. A crazy person is. Just throwing that out there...






No comments: